Life with T1D comes with its own unique set of challenges and growth opportunities. Growing up with T1D, I found that the hardest part was learning how to think about the way diabetes was affecting me. I often struggled to find ways to look at my life with diabetes in a big picture way because I was confused about how to make sense of it all. I often craved a role model or someone who could teach me an uplifting way to think about living a life with chronic disease. After years of searching for those role models, researching optimal outlooks and learning through experience, this course was created with my younger self in mind.
Have you ever wondered about how much your perspective of having diabetes affects your overall quality of life?
This 21-day guide is designed to help you take a look at your thought patterns around diabetes, to help you determine whether or not your current perspectives are optimal for you. After identifying thought patterns that may or may not be optimal for you, it will help lead you through reconstruction and aid in creating an intentional perspective of your choice. Mindset is a very individualized thing to master. It is in no way a one size fits all approach. It was made to be your guide to being the best you when it comes to your feelings about diabetes.
What this program offers:
- THE EBOOK: Intro chapters that take an in-depth look at your thought patterns around life with diabetes. It includes questions and workbook sections to help you clearly identify your ideas. Estimated reading time of less than one hour.
- THE DAILY JOURNAL: This will include a template for you to fill out every day for 21 days to help you incorporate a fresh mindset. The estimated daily input time is 5 mins a day.
- DAILY ENCOURAGEMENT from me to help you stay on track and keep up with your new intentional perspective. (Quote, inspiring person, embarrassing story, a question to ponder, an interesting fact, etc.)
- A total of 50 heartfelt pages written by someone who also has type 1 diabetes.
Who is this program for? People living with type 1 diabetes – it doesn’t matter if your diagnosis was yesterday or if you’ve been living with T1D for decades. It doesn’t matter how you lost your beta cells or if your blood sugar is mostly in range or out of range, it is for all of us.
What is the intention of this program? Burnt out? Newly Diagnosed? Unhappy with the way diabetes is impacting your life? Seeking self-growth? Starting a new chapter in life? Going to college? Picking a career? Feeling held back? Feeling broken? Feeling guilt? Feeling self-blame? Feeling unworthy? This is for you and to be honest it’s for me, I wrote this program with my diabetes mindset dips in mind. I wrote the program that I would have loved to have growing up to prevent diabetes burnout and to prevent diabetes prejudices I didn’t even know I had.
Why? The psychological aspect of diabetes is important and doesn’t always get enough light in a clinical or hospital setting. You get to decide how you feel about diabetes in your life, not anyone else. I’ve built this to empower you to think about it on your own terms.
What this program isn’t:
- This program won’t tell you to change what you eat, how many times to test your blood sugar, what the best type of exercise is, or to change any action towards your diabetes care. It’s purely psychosocial in nature and will help you evaluate thoughts, patterns, and ideas in your mind that you may want to change or optimize.
- This program won’t teach you about diabetes from a medical perspective. I have a free youtube channel for that, check it out by searching Dr. Hannah Hamlin on YouTube.
- This program does not throw diabetes statistics in your face, explain technical ways to treat your diabetes or threaten you to be in better control in any way. It’s only here to help you think intentionally about your life with diabetes.
- It will not take the place of doctor visits, psychologists or counselors, nor having a friend with type 1 diabetes (if you don’t know anyone with T1D I highly suggest you make that a high priority on your journey – I firmly believe a sense of community will help you more than anything in the beginning. Best place to start: check out one of the thousands of T1D Facebook groups by searching Type 1 Diabetes in the Facebook search bar).
Written by a newly minted Doctor who has grown up with type 1 diabetes and had her fair share of thinking about life with diabetes from a patient and a physician’s perspective.
Disclaimer: This book details the author’s personal experiences with and opinions about type 1 diabetes and mindset. The author is not your healthcare provider. The author and publisher are providing this book and its contents on an “as is” basis and make no representations or warranties of any kind with respect to this book or its contents. The author disclaims all such representations and warranties, including for example warranties of merchantability and healthcare for a particular purpose. In addition, the author and publisher do not represent or warrant that the information accessible via this book is accurate, complete or current. The statements made about products and services have not been evaluated by the U.S. Food and Drug Administration. They are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any condition or disease. Please consult with your own physician or healthcare specialist regarding the suggestions and recommendations made in this book. Except as specifically stated in this book, neither the author or publisher, nor any authors, contributors, or other representatives will be liable for damages arising out of or in connection with the use of this book. This is a comprehensive limitation of liability that applies to all damages of any kind, including (without limitation) compensatory; direct, indirect or consequential damages; loss of data, income or profit; loss of or damage to property and claims of third parties. You understand that this book is not intended as a substitute for consultation with a licensed healthcare practitioner, such as your physician. Before you begin any healthcare program, or change your lifestyle in any way, you will consult your physician or another licensed healthcare practitioner to ensure that you are in good health and that the examples contained in this book will not harm you. This book provides content related to physical and/or mental health issues. As such, use of this book implies your acceptance of this disclaimer. The Content is not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment. Always seek the advice of your physician or other qualified health provider with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition.
20% of Proceeds will be donated to Texas Lions Camp – a free camp for children with T1D