Type 1 Diabetes Mindset Reset
This 21-day guide will help you take a look at your thought patterns around diabetes and question whether or not they are optimal for you. Then it will help lead you through reconstruction and aid in creating an intentional perspective of your choice. Mindset is a very individualized thing to master. It is in no way a one size fits all approach. It was made to be your guide to being the best you when it comes to your feelings about diabetes.
What this program offers:
- THE WORKBOOK: Intro chapters that take an in-depth look at your thought patterns around life with diabetes. It includes questions and workbook sections to help you clearly identify your ideas. Estimated reading time for less than one hour.
- THE DAILY JOURNAL: This will include a template for you to fill out every day for 21 days to help you incorporate a fresh mindset. Estimated daily input time is 5 mins a day.
- DAILY ENCOURAGEMENT from me to help you stay on track and keep up with your new intentional perspective. (Quote, inspiring person, embarrassing story, a question to ponder, an interesting fact, etc.)
- A total of 50 Heartfelt pages written by someone who also has type 1 diabetes.
Who is this program for? People living with type 1 diabetes – it doesn’t matter if your diagnosis was yesterday or if you’ve been living with T1D for decades. It doesn’t matter how you lost your beta cells or if your blood sugar is mostly in range or out of range, it is for all of us. It’s not designed for parents, caretakers, family members, or friends of those with diabetes. The age group in mind is for adults and young adults, however, the high school age group is totally appropriate.
What is the intention of this program? Burnt out? Newly Diagnosed? Unhappy with the way diabetes is impacting your life? Seeking self-growth? Starting a new chapter in life? Going to college? Picking a career? Feeling held back? Feeling broken? Feeling guilt? Feeling self-blame? Feeling unworthy? This is for you and, to be honest, it’s for me, I wrote this program with my diabetes mindset dips in mind. I wrote the program that I would have loved to have growing up to prevent diabetes burnout and to prevent diabetes prejudices I didn’t even know I had.
Why? The psychological aspect of diabetes is important and doesn’t always get enough light in a clinical or hospital setting. You get to decide how you feel about diabetes in your life, not anyone else. I’ve built this to empower you to think about it on your own terms.
What this program isn’t:
- This program won’t tell you to change what you eat, how many times to test your blood sugar, what the best type of exercise is, or to change any action towards your diabetes care. It’s purely psychosocial in nature and will help you evaluate thoughts, patterns, and ideas in your mind that you may want to change or optimize.
- This program won’t teach you about diabetes from a medical perspective. I have a free youtube channel for that, check it out by searching Dr. Hannah Hamlin on YouTube.
- This program does not throw diabetes statistics in your face, explain technical ways to treat your diabetes or threaten you to be in better control in any way. It’s only here to help you think intentionally about your life with diabetes.
- It will not take the place of doctor visits, psychologists or counselors, nor having a friend with type 1 diabetes (if you don’t know anyone with T1D I highly suggest you make that a high priority on your journey – I firmly believe a sense of community will help you more than anything in the beginning. Best place to start: check out one of the thousands of T1D Facebook groups by searching Type 1 Diabetes in the Facebook search bar).
More about the E-Book: The intro chapters are tiny – what I like to call micro chapters, small enough where you can read the whole thing in one sitting and fill out the contemplation questions. These microchapters will review the content unfolded later in the daily journal. The purpose of this is to give it a heads up on what’s to come and plant seeds for future ideas. The more times we see an idea, the more likely we are to understand and remember, and apply them to life outside the course.
It is made to either print out (50 pages) and write in OR view online and type in using Adobe Acrobat PDF Reader OR view online with any PDF viewer and write out answers on your own journal or paper. You will be able to save this pdf and if you have a mindset slump in the future feel free to do it again. It’s yours to keep whenever you need a pick me up or a positive shift.
Written by a newly minted Doctor who has grown up with type 1 diabetes and had her fair share of thinking about life with diabetes from a patient and a physician’s perspective.
Sincerely, Dr. Hannah Hamlin
Online Course: $25.00 Click here for a self-paced course version with accompanying videos.
Hard Copy: $13.99 Click here for a printed version on Amazon!
E-Book: $9.99 – click the button below for purchase and download.